With all the website design software available today, anyone can build a website. Building a website that works is not as easy.
You think hiring a professional is expensive? Hire an amateur. You will pay again and again, in lost revenue, long after your initial invoice is paid. Anyone can buy simple design software and offer website design - and they do, and in the end their customers continue to pay.
Unfortunately, you can not judge quality of a website by the price that was paid to build it. There are many poorly designed websites out there that have cost the owner thousands of dollars.
Your product or service can be the best in the world, but like any marketing plan, if your website is designed poorly, you will lose sales.
An effective website needs to be user-friendly, easy to navigate and tastefully designed. Yet, many website designs often leave the visitor and search engines, unable to find what they're looking for.
According to a consumer survey by Consumer Web Watch, "Design Look" (46.1%) and "Information Design" (28.5%) are the two most important factors that consumers use to judge the credibility of a website.
If your small business does not have a website, you are probably losing more customers than you realize.
In today's technological age,not having a website makes you look like you’re not serious about your business.
STOP! Before you rush out and hire the first web designer you can find. Ask yourself a few simple questions. How you answer them will not only help you decide if your business needs a website but what kind of website will be right for you and your prospective clients.
- What kind of a small business do you have?
- Do your prospective clients use the web to look for your type of product or service?
- Do you offer a service that your consumers can research before they buy?
- Do your competitors have websites?
- Do your clients have websites?
- Are you just establishing your business?
- Would you like to expand your business beyond your current customer base?
- Do you want to reduce your over head costs?
- Do you want to increase the effectiveness of your business development activities?
Find answers to these questions as well as how a website can improve your small business here.